Tsarina's World

The musings, rants, and general complaints of a schoolteacher in the MidWest. I have no real social life, which sucks for me personally, but makes my dog happy- he is the center of my universe! Come on in, take your shoes off and stay a while... who wants pie and coffee?

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Hi

Ok, I made a few bucks and paid the phone; one crisis avoided. Then I ruptured a disk in my back moving the mountain of new textbooks that my stupid fucking dept. head was too lazy to help with. Ann, Nina, and I have spent almost two weeks working on this shit, then dh goes to the principal and tells him what a wonderful job SHE has been doing, but wishes she'd gotten more support from us. Fortunately, he already knew the truth- he saw me out and asked how it was going. I tried to control it, but he asked a second time and I told him the truth. He always says that he wishes others were as honest with him as I am...be careful what you wish for.

I've been so busy trying to get my class ready on top of the text situation. The girl who had my room last year took the key for the cabinets, so I can't get into most of them until maintence decides to put down the donut and re-key them (which means at my retirement party). If they don't get out by Friday, I'm going to take my drill and just drill out the locks- file a grievance if you want to, you lazy motherfuckers. Registration is this week, then school starts next week- I can't wait. I am very disappointed that at least one, and possibly both of James' brothers failed 7th grade. John will now be a 16 year-old 7th grader who has at least one older brother in prison- I'm very worried about him. I'm a little worried about James in high school, too- God I hope I didn't baby him too much. He did promise me that he would graduate high school, so I have reason to hope.

Last weekend, I went to a festival and saw several of my kids- it was exciting. I felt like a star; I'd hear someone scream "MS. TSARINA", then be engulfed in a swarm of hugs. Some of them have gotten so big: Ty is probably close to 6'4"! It doesn't matter, though, they're still my babies, and I couldn't have been happier to see them. A couple of them were high and got all embarassed when I noticed it. Personally, I'd rather that they were high than drunk, as they won't do as many stupid things, but then that's just me. I fucked with them for a little bit, you know, asking if they were hungry and talking about Taco Bell, then played on their paranoia a little. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

With the ever-increasing cost of gas, it's now going to cost me a little under 20 dollars a day to drive to and from work...TWENTY DOLLARS A DAY. That's 400 dollars a month. Sadly, it doesn't sound like our new contract is going to raise our salaries enough to cover that. If I can find someplace to rent for less than that, I may stay in the city through the week and work on the house on weekends. I don't know why a tornado doesn't just pick up the house (when Baxter and I are gone, of course) and let me collect the insurance. The neighbors would be thrilled to get rid of the jungle that passes for my yard, and I'd be glad to sleep beyond 4:30 in the morning.

On that note, I gotta go to bed. Have a good week!

5 Comments:

  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Derek said…

    good to see ya. Talking to a teacher while your high is very nerve wracking. Funny though, afterwards.

    yeah gas is retardedly expensive, and everyone bugged me about not getting my license. pssh.. Ive just been biking everywhere. I biked like close to 20 k yesterday.. my guts were hurting so bad though.. gah..

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tsarina, you truely amaze me. You remind me very much of a teacher I was blessed to have in high school. A teacher that cared, about us, and our well being. A teacher you could be high infront of, and not worry about it(thats cool of you not to bust on them.)These kids will remember you, as I remember my 'special' teachers(there were two, that I could confide in)Keep up the great work, it means the world to kids, trust me, i was one of them.

     
  • At 4:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I laughed out loud at your having teased your stoned pupils. Frikin' hilarious.

    As for the $20 commute: I think we should be paying more for gas. We let that slippery little Greenwich-gone-Texan walk all over us, we deserve to get reamed.

    TV
    www.blithelywego.blogspot.com

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger Derek said…

    busy with school i take it?

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger Traci Dolan said…

    I liked getting a bit drunk with my teachers... after I graduated. Good luck with everything!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home