Tsarina's World

The musings, rants, and general complaints of a schoolteacher in the MidWest. I have no real social life, which sucks for me personally, but makes my dog happy- he is the center of my universe! Come on in, take your shoes off and stay a while... who wants pie and coffee?

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Piss and Moan

How have I managed to turn into a slug in such a short period of time? I allowed myself to sleep a lot for the first couple of weeks of vacation, because I thought I deserved it. However, here I am, halfway through summer, and still NOTHING is done. The house is still a mess, and unpainted, my curriculum still isn't done, I have started doing these things, but I seem to wander off and forget what I'm doing. I called my old doctor to see if they'd renew my old prescription for my anti-anxiety meds, because they help me focus. No go. They did have a note in my file from my dr. who left that if I came back requesting them, she recommended ADHD meds (ME, now why would she think that?) Anyway, I have to actually go back and see them, which will require cash that I don't have right now. Insurance is nice for getting pills cheap, but I have to pay the dr. myself until the deductable is met.

I keep getting emails from students who just want to talk about their summer and ask about mine. It's all nice and everything, but the kids I keep hearing from are not the kids I'm really worried about. How is James? Did he go to basketball camp? Is he avoiding his cousins and the Vice Lords? What about Marcus? Is he staying out of trouble? Did Cruz have to go to jail for the burglary charge? Are they all ok? There have been a lot of shootings in their neighborhoods this summer. I did see one of James' little brothers the other day out mowing their yard, but I was in traffic, so just honked and waved. I miss them all.

I did go work in my new classroom last week, and I'll go back next week. It should be really great- I have outside windows! Two of them! Sure, they look over a parking lot, and with the smell, you can't really open them, but it's natural sunlight!!! I've also been working on plans for our science challenge night this year. Our bitch-ass department head would never give me the ok on it last year (because she only wants to do stuff that she can take credit for). So, I went to the principal (the good one), and told him my ideas- he LOVES it. He told me that the science department will pay for all of the materials. This will really piss dept. head off, because we think she has used all of the money for her own purposes: she won't even give us 100 dollars each for binders for our classes. So, it should get good when I have to tell him that she won't fork over the cash.

Ok, I'm going to take my lazy ass to bed and try to sleep early. Have a great weekend!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:54 AM, Blogger Derek said…

    just read about the meth heads.

    Dinks. I've noticed some bad skins around here lately, But you dont see much meth, but its around too.

    If they are cooking.. they'll have one hell of a fire work show soon enough.

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Traci Dolan said…

    SWEEEEET!! Wish I could come to your science challange!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home