Tsarina's World

The musings, rants, and general complaints of a schoolteacher in the MidWest. I have no real social life, which sucks for me personally, but makes my dog happy- he is the center of my universe! Come on in, take your shoes off and stay a while... who wants pie and coffee?

Thursday, June 09, 2005

My Birthday and Everything Else Sucks Donkey Balls

As I have previously mentioned: MY BIRTHDAY ALWAYS SUCKS. It's always some fucked-up, Tim Burton/Quentin Tarantino version of "Sixteen Candles". Now, let me just explain one thing that took me many hours in therapy to understand:
MY CHILDHOOD WAS FUCKED UP.

Every birthday and holiday were ruined by some huge battle between my parents. I remember actually saying to them on my 7th birthday, "It's my birthday; couldn't you just fight an extra time tomorrow?" Of course, my sister found that hysterical and began making fun of me for being a crybaby...Dysfunction- the gift that keeps on giving.

So, Tuesday I went to the city, where several of my coworkers were going to take me out to "celebrate" my big day. Ok, I set myself up for disappointment by thinking it would be fun. Now, my friend, Amy (yeah, it's her real name, so sue me), did a great job- she picked me up in the convertible, we cruised the hood looking for our kids, then went to the adult bookstore, before meeting everyone at the bar. I really like most of my coworkers...most. N is the exception. I have tried, really tried to like her, but I've come to the conclusion that she is just mean-spirited to her core. Now, I'll allow that she is only 23, and was raised with money, both of which will fuck you up, but geez... I'll never understand how the two women who are usually with her don't see this nastiness- they're both great, and I really enjoy them.

Ok, on with this year's trauma... Over the past few years, I have gained some weight. I'm not monstrous, but as women well know- it's hard to find cute clothes if you're not a size 2. Given my limited funds, most of my clothes are "school appropriate". However, I thought I looked pretty cute Tues night--- apparently not. Under the guise of being friendly and helpful (women, you know what I mean), N began to rip apart my clothes. If this were the first time, I wouldn't have been so hurt, but I'm tired of hearing it. Anyway, that is something I'm sensitive about (and she knows it), so she managed to make me feel like shit. Amy was gone by that time, and she's the only other person who really sees N for the manipulative bitch that she is. I should note here that Amy is good friends with our principal (the good one, not the Ass), so N rarely does this shit in front of her.

Also, Tuesday, I found out that N is going to be spending 2 1/2 days with myself and Sue next week at a conference (Sue thinks N is great, so I'm really looking forward to it). What karmic holocost have I committed to deserve this?

I guess on the bright side, my mom remembered my birthday this year- she called and told my machine Happy Birthday! Also, I got an email from a student, which was very thoughtful. Ok, I'm going to go feel sorry for myself a little while longer...have a good day.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger Traci Dolan said…

    Next year, I'm taking you out!! Hold me to that!!

    What a pissy mean ass bitch!!! Screw her. I love you and ... that's all that matters. HMPF!!

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love how you make your readers crawl. Right into your perspective we do.

    There are so many Heller-esque turns in this that I can’t pick one out as being the funniest. As always, this was fantastic.

    Just another drooling disciple,
    Todd Vodka

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Tsarina said…

    Inanna- As long as "I'm taking you out" means you're buying me free drinks, I'll hold firmly! Thanks for the support.

    Todd- You almost made me blush- it pleases me to know that my trauma amuses you! Glad to have you here.

    Sandi- This is exactly the kind of shit that keeps me from making friends with most women... by nature, I'd rather kick her ass and move on. But NOOOOOOOOO, I have to be professional because we work together. (Note to self, this being a grown up shit is not working).

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Rita said…

    It's possible to be professional and get revenge . . .

    Next time N rips on you, tell her, "You know, you give young, dumb, rich spoiled girls a bad name . . ."

    Then just walk away and let the delay run it course

    3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . BOOM

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Tsarina said…

    HEHEHE...I love that!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home