Tsarina's World

The musings, rants, and general complaints of a schoolteacher in the MidWest. I have no real social life, which sucks for me personally, but makes my dog happy- he is the center of my universe! Come on in, take your shoes off and stay a while... who wants pie and coffee?

Thursday, January 20, 2005

My Grandma's Last Gift

My grandma passed away two nights ago. I felt the hugest weight lifted from my shoulders. The night before, she had come to me in a dream and seen me crying. She told me not to be sad that she was leaving, and I explained that I was not sad, because I knew it was time for her to move on. I explained my worries about James, T, Andrew, and Darin. She understood my pain, as she always had a soft spot for the boys in our family. She promised me that she would do what she could once she finally crossed over. She hugged me and left.

Today, I referred James to the counselor whom I really like- he's very compassionate and caring. When James came to class, he seemed more like himself. He came in at lunch to make up a quiz, which he had totally blanked on at the time. I had him tell me the answers first, before he wrote them down. He explained things, and when he wasn't sure how to make the leap of thought from the question to the answer, I tried to guide him. He worked really hard the whole lunch period, and will get a high B on it. When he had finished, I told him (and it's true) that he knew the information, he just needed more confidence in himself to state it as the answer. He smiled and thanked me for my help. Then he hugged me and told me that this year was the best year of his life. After school, Bill talked with him for a long time, and allowed him to rejoin the basketball team! You have never seen a kid so filled with joy as he was when he came in to tell me. I know where this gift came from, and I thank you, Grandma. May you bring the love that you shared with me into your next life.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:46 AM, Blogger JamDaddy said…

    Sweet! No better outcome could have been hoped for.

    Sorry about the loss of Grandma, but it sounds like it is a good thing for both of you.

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger Traci Dolan said…

    I know the passing of your grandma is bittersweet... but the two of you are a fantastic team already!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home