Tsarina's World

The musings, rants, and general complaints of a schoolteacher in the MidWest. I have no real social life, which sucks for me personally, but makes my dog happy- he is the center of my universe! Come on in, take your shoes off and stay a while... who wants pie and coffee?

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Ice Sucks & the Wind Blows

Freaking ICE! I made it to work and back with few frightening moments, thank goodness. It's now raining, the temp is around 20 degrees, which means I now have sheets and sheets of ice that I will be battling before sunrise tomorrow. The worst part is that my power will go out. It's been blinking all night, and they still haven't repaired all of the wires from the storm at Thanksgiving. I cranked the heat to around 90, so if the power is out for a long time, I have some extra heat.

T is really depressed, and I'm feeling like I'm hitting a brick wall there. I can show him that I want to help til the cows come home, but if he won't try to help himself, things won't get better. I once heard a saying that I've tried to live by: "Everyone deserves a chance, and another, and another- as many as the heart can endure". As I'm watching the direction he's moving, I feel my heart telling me to stop giving, because if something were to happen, it would be too painful. I know there are so many people with problems in the world, and we're all overwhelmed with the sadness we see, but PLEASE pray for him- he's honestly sliding out of control at mach speed. He has such a good heart and so much potential- I don't want to believe that he can't overcome the challenges that have been set in front of him.

I had a strange feeling today. I've always been a little attracted to my principle- I'm very in awe of his ideas and intelligence, and he's pretty cute, too. From time to time, I've felt like his inner self was reaching out to me (once when he shook my hand and was looking in my eyes, I felt like he could see my internal organs, it like getting a lifesign scan on Star Trek). There have been other instances, too- maybe five or six this year. Today, our dept. was meeting with him after school, and he commented to me about my bumper sticker (it says "don't assume I share your prejudices"). He said that as soon as he saw it, he knew it was my car, because that was a perfect representation of who I am. When he looked at me, I realized that he really gets me. (mind out of the gutter, Inanna). I don't feel that way with many people- I mean, they know HOW I am, but they don't seem to see WHO I am. Anyway, I know nothing personal will ever come of it, but it's so rare that I really feel like I've connected with someone else, that I had to mention it.

Ok, I have no idea how long the power will stay on, so I'm going to publish this post and wind the alarm clock. Have a wonderful day, and listen to Robyn (and another blogger that I can't remember) who tell us to comment for someone to have a nice day, and PASS IT ON! I love you all- goodnight.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger JamDaddy said…

    Ewww, like if someone was looking in my eyes and it felt like they were scanning my organs I would run. You might wake up in a bathtub full of ice missing a kidney or something. I read that on the internet and heard it as a kid.

    That bumper sticker does sound like you. Mine say:
    I'm NRA and I vote.
    I think therefore I am conservative.
    Bush 04 Securing the Homeland from the crazy people across the ocean.
    Never judge a girl by her bumper sticker.

    Do those sound like me? I guess you can tell about a person from just a few words on a bumper.

    Keep caring T!

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Blogger Tsarina said…

    *Sigh* why doesn't the NRA thing surprise me? I have several stickers on my fridge..."You can't spell BULLSHIT without B-U-S-H", "Eat tainted meat, breathe poison air, drink nasty water, think only of yourself...Vote Republican", "To Save a Tree, Remove a Bush", and my favorite..."Remember Who You Wanted to Be". Yup, you and I lead VERY different lives...but I still like you anyway! Have a great day!

     
  • At 12:41 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    I hope your power stayed on.

    I know what you mean about somebody getting you! That's how it is with my boyfriend - I knew him for 4 years before I realized that he totally got me and vice versa!

    Good luck with T!

    I've seen your comments on Derek S's blog and have always meant to stop by. I really lilke your writing!

     
  • At 1:18 AM, Blogger JamDaddy said…

    I was actually kidding about the bumper stickers, I hate things on my car or truck, lol. I always thought that saying was, save a tree eat a beaver. Hmmm, must be a mid-west thing vs east coast thing.

    I even made up bumper stickers and you still like me, this is getting close to love...

    PS - Remember I'm married, but I can hook you up with my brother. He is a conservative like me and likes to save trees East Coast style, lol.

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Derek said…

    Sorry to hear about T and how hes doing lately. Keep trying! He'll come around.

    Stay safe on the roads and take it easy!

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Traci Dolan said…

    *sssssssshhhhwwwwwaaaaaaap!* <----- that's me, getting my mind out of the gutter... hee hee. No, I think that's great that he GETS you and he probably wishes he could understand more people. So, so, so, is he single??????? And I'll add "T" to my list of prayers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home