Tsarina's World

The musings, rants, and general complaints of a schoolteacher in the MidWest. I have no real social life, which sucks for me personally, but makes my dog happy- he is the center of my universe! Come on in, take your shoes off and stay a while... who wants pie and coffee?

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Testy Tsarina

I am grouchy. I still feel a little sick, and I have a shitload of work to do. The kids said I was grouchy on Friday, too. Probably; I still felt like shit, and a lot of them were acting like boneheads- usually leads to teacher meltdown. I spent 65 dollars last week making copies of outlines so they could take notes, and many of them lost them. Why, you ask did I have to pay for copies. Because with 6 copiers in the building, NOT ONE has been working for over 2 weeks. I'm going to buy my own- this is ridiculous. Two of my kids DID offer to steal me one...their hearts are in the right place!

I need to have my cat put to sleep. I'm going to make an appointment for after Thanksgiving, so he can enjoy some leftover turkey. He's been with me for 12 years, and he'll leave a huge hole in my life. He is sweet and loving, and loves to cuddle. He and the dog even get along, and will curl up together on cold nights. My female cat, on the other hand, is irritable and mean, and while I love her, the bond is not the same. She is older than him, but still healthy, except for a little arthritis.

It has been so long that I can't be sure, but I think there's a staff member who is flirting with me. He's in charge of in-school suspensions, so he sees my kids at their worst, but he's really patient and kind. You know my luck with men, so we'll see.

Ok, I've got work to do, and I'm just so damn testy that I can't stand myself. Have a great week.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger Derek said…

    dont ya just hate that when even some ones voice is enough to set ya off since youre so grumpy. i get that alot with my mom.. cant stand it sometimes..

    bummer bout that cat? he just not doing so well lately or?

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't get this pissy very often, but when I do...WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!! The cat is really old, and has been steadily going downhill for about a year- his liver is failing. It is very sad, and I'll cry when I do it, but I do know he has been very happy, and that he will come back to me one day. I feel like if I'm able to send him off with positive energy and love instead of suffering and pain, he will return with all of that positive energy next time around.

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Traci Dolan said…

    Awwww... hate to hear about your kitty. I have five brand new ones. Sigh. It is so difficult when you are faced with such a decision. *Squeeeeze* Happy Thanksgiving if I dont' make it back before then. And that's good news about T and I"m wishing you the best of luck with the new guy. :)

     
  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger JamDaddy said…

    all the copiers are broke? Aren't these things under contract? Better find out and kick some ass.

    Sorry about the cat. Hard to let go, but the memories are always with you.

     
  • At 4:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry about your four legged cat.
    Congratulations on the two legged one.
    I was rolling about the kids who offered to steal you a copier.

    Todd Vodka
    http://www.blithelywego.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home