Tsarina's World

The musings, rants, and general complaints of a schoolteacher in the MidWest. I have no real social life, which sucks for me personally, but makes my dog happy- he is the center of my universe! Come on in, take your shoes off and stay a while... who wants pie and coffee?

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Happy Veteran's Day

I have an entire day off with pay! THANK YOU VETERANS! Thank you not only for your sacrifice, but also for allowing me to celebrate that with huge sales at my local shopping emporium!

We had parent/teacher conferences this week. That's a huge boost for the old ego: I received more positive feedback than ever. The bonus of working with an incompetent boob is that it makes you look even better!

I have discovered that I am much more vain than I ever thought. I noticed I was getting a wrinkle last week and freaked out. I went out and bought a professional facial kit for WAY TOO MUCH MONEY! I know how old I really am, but I don't have to look it! I've never been one to worry too much about my appearance, so this vanity is new and scary to me. I don't want to be one of those old women who won't let anyone see her until her "face" is on. Honestly, I don't like to wear much make-up, so this wrinkle BETTER NOT SPREAD!

I was going to clean today, but I've had a brilliant idea for the kids' semester project (I don't like tests), so I need to go buy supplies to make an example for them.

Have a lovely day- and thank a veteran!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Katrina said…

    I am so jealous that you are able to take this day for shopping and/or cleaning...Me, I am stuck doing S*** for my professional certification. blech.

    Anyway, it sounds like you are going to have a great day off with pay! :)

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Derek said…

    no tests eh.. im the opposite.. i hate projects.. id rather to all pure tests then any projects..

    think i get my marks next week.. im not worried.. lowest mark is 80% and highest is like 97% (in math none the less) so im not worried

     

Post a Comment

<< Home