Tsarina's World

The musings, rants, and general complaints of a schoolteacher in the MidWest. I have no real social life, which sucks for me personally, but makes my dog happy- he is the center of my universe! Come on in, take your shoes off and stay a while... who wants pie and coffee?

Saturday, October 16, 2004

Catching Up

One of the teachers at school is no longer talking to me. He was blathering on and on at me about what a great job Baby George is doing and what a fantastic leader he is. I tried to change the subject and walk away twice. I don't like to discuss politics at work because I don't think it's the time or place. Finally, when he had cornered me for the third time and ended a sentence with, "don't you agree?". I had had enough and began to tell him EXACTLY what I think of that arrogant, obtuse, smirking idiot (sorry, Jam Daddy). I expressed a disgust for the war and the lives it has cost, my horror at what he has done to the educational system, and my revulsion with the entire political system that allowed this man to rule in spite of obvious questions about the last election. I continued my tirade for a full five minutes, and ended with, "don't you agree?". He walked away, and I haven't been forced to endure him since: silence is golden!

I have no problem with anyone else's point of view, as long as it's not forced upon myself or others. My mom's entire family is EXTREMELY conservative Christian. That is their right. Many of them feel the need to send religious and political emails out frequently. I have tried being nice, and responding with, "we'll have to agree to disagree on this point", which apparently didn't get through. I am now to the point that I have blocked most of their addresses, because I don't want to waste my free time deleting the shit they send me. (I did laugh, though, when my nephew, who was sick of this, put Kerry/Edwards signs in the front yard of one aunt's house! You should have heard her hysterics when a Barak Obama banner [complete with his picture] turned up hanging from the front of her house!!) Ah, we laughed ourselves silly over that!

It really is starting to feel like fall now. I wish I had storm windows; last winter was sooo cold. I'll end up with several layers of that plastic window crap, which still ends up with frost on the inside. I'm hoping to get new windows at least in the basement next year (two are broken out completely). I love my house, but geez, everything is soooo expensive. We looked for windows at the recycling place, but I have the really old windows, and no one has them. I know when I get them done, it will be really expensive unless I let them shorten the windows, but I really love the way they loook, and the dog can rest his chin on them and see out. I had great plans for my house, but I really don't know where the money is going to come from. I guess I shouldn't complain- one of our teachers had her house burn down this week, and she had no insurance. Thank goodness she and her daughter were gone at the time.

Oh, btw, there's a serial killer working his magic around here, so if I disappear completely, come looking! Actually, 5 of the six victims were prostitutes, so I should be ok. As if being a hooker isn't a hard enough job, without these nutcases preying on them, too. I wish we'd just legalize the profession, and get them union protection- better for everyone involved.

Anyway, stay warm and relax this weekend!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger JamDaddy said…

    I don't mind your political opinion, your entitled to it and I don't take offense easy. I will continue to let the facts lead me through life and show what a great job the Republican political machine has done. (A nice relaxed dig, nothing fancy, lol.) I won't corner you, but I would love to see you on a 5 minute tirade in person. Would you beat me if I laughed?

    Don't change your windows, just keep looking. Long low windows are the best, I have them and love them. They really do make a statement. Check out custom windows sometimes they are just as cheap as standard ones from Home Depot. Email me with measurements.

    Instead of putting up plastic window crap put up plywood and spraypaint graffiti. All the crackheads will come visit and the heat from the crack pipes will keep you warm. You can charge rent in cash, stolen goods, or sex. You gotta be thinking girl.

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I live on the edge of "town" (it's a village of like 200 ppl, so I'm not sure if there are many crackheads roaming around. Now, skinheads, we do have plenty of them, but then I'd have to listen to their shit. I won't shorten the windows- the house was remodelled in the 1940's and I love the look. Even if I replace two windows a year, I'm keeping the long ones! All I really want right now is cable TV (I'm shallow at heart)

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger Derek said…

    yeah the wet nasty time of fall is going on right now. Had to walk home, nice guy stops and gives me a ride home.. (though i got completely confused and could tell where my house was) so this nice guy saved me a 10-15 min walk in the rain.. and then my parents were whining that i took a ride from a stranger

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Tsarina said…

    First of all, that was me, not anonymous who posted a comment earlier- no idea how that happened.

    Derek- I understand your parents' concern with you taking a ride from a stranger. However, I've done that a few times myself when my car broke down alongside the road- at that point, I figured I'd rather die in the warm, dry car than freeze to death beside the road-- but for goodness sake; BE CAREFUL (and never take rides from Americans; we're all savages ;)

     
  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Derek said…

    im actually surprised he picked me up.. get walking down a dark road in the pouring rain with a black jacket, hood up, grubby camo pants.. sure i looked liek quite the hooligan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home