Tsarina's World

The musings, rants, and general complaints of a schoolteacher in the MidWest. I have no real social life, which sucks for me personally, but makes my dog happy- he is the center of my universe! Come on in, take your shoes off and stay a while... who wants pie and coffee?

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Back to Life

Thanks to all of you who commented on my last post. Sorry I didn't respond, but I had that stinking flu forever, and it took all of my energy to make it through my days. Feeling much better now, though.

I did attend our first home basketball game on Monday night. On Thurs., James came up to me after class and said, "Uhhhh, we have our first home game Monday, and uhhhhhh everybody's moms are gonna be there, and uhhhhhhh mine can't come. Uhhhhhhhhh ummmmmm I uhhhhhh will you come watch me"? What am I, made of fucking stone, OF COURSE I went! I dragged my sick ass home to let the dog out, then drove back to school to watch. They were great, and James scored 12 points. I've never liked basketball before, but I really loved watching my kids play- this may replace hockey as my favorite sport! I sat with several other teachers, grading and cheering--it was a wonderful night.

Those of you who were amused by my kids who offered to steal me a copier made me think about myself and the kids I seem to relate well to. At my last job, two of my students were caught trying to steal a car stereo in early Dec. They had heard me telling another teacher that I only have a radio in my car, and they wanted to give me a Christmas present! Two days after Christmas, I received a package in the mail. It was a very nice CD case with about 12 CDs of bands I like (mostly grunge and heavy metal). There was no note, but the box was adressed to "Ms. Tsarina", and no street adress, just my village name. I later found out that there was a string of car burglaries where CDs like these were stolen.... my angels- their hearts are in the right place!

My cat has an appointment Saturday morning. It's very sad, but I also feel relieved. For over a year, I've known this was coming. I've been spending as much time with him as I can, and my vet will let me be in there with him when he does it. I'm going to bury him at my parents' house next to his brother, and each of my other pets who's passed on. I plant something special on each grave to remember them. I'm still trying to decide what will be best for him- I'll study flower books over the winter to decide. I know he will come back to me in one form or another when the time is right, so that makes this all a little easier. Please don't be sad for me- I appreciate the intention, but I really want to send him out of this body with a lot of love and positive energy. If you want to do something for me, get up Saturday morning, and think happy thoughts that my Oswald will move into the next world with peace and comfort. Then cuddle your own furry loved ones, and thank them for finding you- they really are a blessing.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving- Eat and be merry, for tomorrow we shop!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The thing about the stolen CDs, my throat is still hurting from laughing at that.

    Theodore Vodka
    http://www.blithelywego.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger Tsarina said…

    Fleece, I'm the same way with my pets. Unfortunately, they get so sick of me that I actually DO have to bribe them with food to let me maul them for too long! Oz is in my lap right now, and I gave him hugs from you...he just purred, which means that he's pleased.

    Todd, I'm glad my little darlings amuse you so...to be honest, I was really touched by the gesture. Every culture has its own norms, and in their culture, these are signs of caring, so I take them as such.

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger Derek said…

    wait wait, they got you stolen grunge and heavy metal cd's.. man thats the best present ever!

    awe thats awesome about the kid asking ya to come to the game.. thats gotta take a lotta balls for a kid that age to ask a teacher to come watch em. you must really be a kick ass teacher!

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey, nov 27th.. guess what that means.. Wasted Youths birthday, lol. i did a best of thing and kinda of talk about the past year.. its kinda neat, thought youd like to check it out

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Derek said…

    thats odd... posted as anonymous.. well anyways.. it was me that did it, Derek.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home