Tsarina's World

The musings, rants, and general complaints of a schoolteacher in the MidWest. I have no real social life, which sucks for me personally, but makes my dog happy- he is the center of my universe! Come on in, take your shoes off and stay a while... who wants pie and coffee?

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sick Tsarina

Grrr, I really dislike having a summer cold. I know, I know, there are much worse things that can (and have) happened in my life, but this is still unpleasant.

I'm also beginning to feel the pressure of teaching for ISATs. I've never taught 7th grade before, and they take the state science tests; there's a lot of pressure. The state has been telling us that "Next year, 8th grade will take them"...they've said that every year since I've been teaching. Again, I have no problem being held to a standard, but I wish they'd take a pre-test and a post-test and compare the growth. Instead, they're tested and compared against kids all over the country. At least 30% of my kids come to me with reading levels around 3rd grade. That means that in addition to teaching concepts like the relationship between mass and gravity, I also have to work on reading skills. Please don't take my kvetching to heart, I feel so blessed to be able to do what I do. I love my job, I love my kids, and I love my life.

J's boys are in Chicago with their grandma right now, shopping for school clothes. I got their supplies, which allowed her to be able to get some clothes for them. She's such a sweet woman, and she loves those boys with all of her heart. I got two of them shoes a couple of weeks ago, and was going to get the other two shoes now, but will have to wait til they get back. To them, shoes = love.

In the "every silver lining surrounds a dark cloud category", I talked to my mom yesterday. It's been a month, a very tranquil, happy month. My parents seem to think that I don't care that I still need to get the house up north sold. Trust me, I want to get out from under that monstrosity. My mom called, said "you sound sick. Have you gotten the house on the market yet?" Thanks for the concern, mom. I don't want to tell them that I owe 1200 dollars in back taxes before I can sell it.

God, I am so frickin addicted to Flavor of Love that it's embarassing. How can one hideous man, no matter how rich, find this many girls willing to humiliate themselves on national TV? Granted, they are not the top of the line women, but I can not believe that there are this many attention-starved women in the country.

Ok, I'm gonna go nap for a while. Have a great week.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger JamDaddy said…

    Shoes do equal love. I have always known that. I used to sell ladies shoes when I was in college, do you know how many ladies I met while putting shoes on their feet while holding their calves and staring into their eyes. When you tell them how dainty their feet look and how beautiful the shoes make their legs look then they believe anything. Then you get their phone numbers and the love, lol.

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger Traci Dolan said…

    Absolutely, shoes = love.

    I hope you feel better soon. Summer colds are the worst!

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Traci Dolan said…

    Its been over a year since you blogged and I have your summer cold. Wish I knew how you were friend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home