Tsarina's World

The musings, rants, and general complaints of a schoolteacher in the MidWest. I have no real social life, which sucks for me personally, but makes my dog happy- he is the center of my universe! Come on in, take your shoes off and stay a while... who wants pie and coffee?

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Where's my relaxing summer?

Can you believe it? We just got J's bill for his emergency room visit...$2443.93!!! Plus we haven't gotten the bill for the pathologist. Of course, when you work day labor for cash, there is no insurance, so we're screwed. He is working in Chicago now- for the union so he has some security.

We just got moved into a new house. Not bad for a rental- so many of them are downright scary. I should be moving the stuff from my old class to my new school. However, they're waxing the floor at the new place, so I can't get to my room this week. I've gotta get on the ball, as it's a year-round school, and it resumes July 19.

I'm planning to go to Chicago this weekend for J's family reunion. Barf. I don't even go to my own family reunions, and they have food I'm familiar with. Seriously, I went to a cookout at his mom's and there was no Jello salad. None. They had greens (super barf), they had cornbread (at a friggin cookout), they had unidentified meats. But no Jello. Things like that remind me that we come from two different worlds.

Crap, I've gotta go do laundry. There is no washer here, so Amy is letting me do it there until I get one. Thank God, because I hate the laundromat more than getting a root canal. Have a good day.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger Traci Dolan said…

    Ummmm, we have cornbread at our family reunions but we're in the South and we're from WV, so... that's kinda normal for us.

    Why not make jello salad and take it with you?

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I THINK YOU SHOULD MAKE A JELLO SALAD AND TAKE IF THERE ARE KIDS THERE THAT WOULD MOST LIKLEY BE THE FIRST THING GONE. ALSO YOU NEED TO CALL THE HOSPITAL AND ASK IF THEY HAVE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE ALOT OF THEM DO THEY JUST DONT TELL ANYONE WELL GOOD LUCK IT WAS NICE TO HAVE A NEW UPDATE TO READ
    DENISE

     

Post a Comment

<< Home