Tsarina's World

The musings, rants, and general complaints of a schoolteacher in the MidWest. I have no real social life, which sucks for me personally, but makes my dog happy- he is the center of my universe! Come on in, take your shoes off and stay a while... who wants pie and coffee?

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Demon Beasts

Evaluation is over- I haven't gotten the results yet, but may I just say that my 4th hour class has many members who were spawned from the bowels of Hell?! Without going into all the awful details, let me tell you that even some of my normally great kids picked that day to lose their stinking minds! To top it off, we had a fire drill in the middle of class, and they behaved less than perfectly... *sigh* I didn't have to worry about not receiving a score of excellent; I'll be lucky if I achieved "satisfactory". I'm working on a new strategy as we speak- the class is going to be divided between kids who follow directions, and therefore get to work in labs and do fun stuff, and kids who do not follow directions, and sit in their seats doing worksheets and not speaking. I'll keep you updated.

Ilia's sister is being moved to a rehab center! She's trying to speak and seems to understand what's going on around her, so that's very exciting news! Medicine is incredible, and doctors are true heroes in my book.

Have a great day!

5 Comments:

  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Derek said…

    thats great news about Ilia's sister!

    not so great news about your bastard class..

     
  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger JamDaddy said…

    At this rate by the end of the year you will have two sides, those that can live and those that must DIE!

    Don't feel bad, I have already had two calls from my son's teacher. Where did I go wrong, he is now fully immersed as a 13 yr old boy. What a little turd he must be in class. He has now had to write two apologies to his teacher at my request and turn them in. Tomorrow I will be sitting in class with him.

    Glad to hear Ilia's sister is doing so well.

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger Tsarina said…

    Derek- thanks; I'm excited about her sis, too. As for 4th hour, it's early in the year, I'm hoping to get things in hand soon.

    JD- I usually love it when parents of the disruptive kids sit in. Unfortunately, I had one mom sit in today who sat next to her son during a test and told him the answers! WTF? I asked her twice to stop, and she said she was just "guiding" him! Really embarass the shit out of him, it usually works well. And, don't worry too much; 13 year old boys are annoying by nature- honestly, it's the girls who are malicious in their troublemaking.

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger JamDaddy said…

    Sitting in and giving him the answers. Man, wish I would have thought of that, think of the money I could have saved at Sylvan Learning Center. He could have been an A student. Thanks for the great idea!

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Tsarina said…

    JD- :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home