Tsarina's World

The musings, rants, and general complaints of a schoolteacher in the MidWest. I have no real social life, which sucks for me personally, but makes my dog happy- he is the center of my universe! Come on in, take your shoes off and stay a while... who wants pie and coffee?

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Angel

Sometimes, when I get too full of myself and my problems, I'm jerked back to reality with a thud. Along that note, I'd like to ask anyone who reads this to say a prayer for my friend, Angel.

Angel has had more bad things happen in her life that most people could live with. In the past four years, her husband cheated on her while she was pregnant with their second child (actually, their 3rd; a son died of SIDS the year before). They divorced. She met her boyfriend, who is a good guy, but he's been unemployed because of "back problems" for over a year.

Last year, their rental house burned down, and of course, they didn't have insurance. Her family owned an old house in the middle of the hood that they moved into. Then, her boyfriend's brother was called up to go to Iraq. He had custody of his 3 very messed-up kids (all under 5) because their mother is a psychotic bitch. Angel and her boyfriend agreed to take them. The kids are a constant strain- at least 2 of them should probably be institutionalized.

Angel loves volleyball, and has coached for the last two years. While it adds a great deal to her workload, she needs the money, and it is something she enjoys.

Several months ago, Angel found out she was pregnant. At first, she was upset- she didn't think she could handle one more responsibility. But, as the baby grew, she softened, and I began to see a new side to her. They found out it was a girl, and they chose a name. Angel began to make plans and I even saw her smile more than usual.

Friday night, Angel's baby was stillborn. Please ask whatever power you believe in to give her comfort- she deserves it.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Traci Dolan said…

    I will have her in my prayers.

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Derek said…

    shitty deal. she reminds me of my aunt. She's had 2 kids (one a few weeks old and another 16 years old) and her husband die on her.

    some times i doubt its a shitty deal of cards, but rather a shitty deck.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home