Tsarina's World

The musings, rants, and general complaints of a schoolteacher in the MidWest. I have no real social life, which sucks for me personally, but makes my dog happy- he is the center of my universe! Come on in, take your shoes off and stay a while... who wants pie and coffee?

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Happy

Can't wipe this stupid smile off of my face. For one brief moment, everything in my life is going well (knock on wood). James is doing great at home-school... he comes to my house during the day and is completing work while I'm at school. His work isn't as great as I'd like, but he is at least trying.

His dad and I are seeing each other pretty regularly. We went out to celebrate Amy's divorce last night, and he said and did all of the right things. My friends all like him, and he likes them. He just makes me smile, and it's been a long time since anyone did that. Of course, I'm constantly wondering when he'll do something awful, but hey, that's just me.

On the work front, I had a great week. Went to two conferences, and the kids were great for the subs! Then, when I returned, they were great for me too. I'm just praying that this is the turning point, and things are going to start to look up. It's really hard, because as a group, they are intellectually WAY below where they should be. I have started offering a choice of two lab activities, so that the higher level students will still be challenged.

I can't believe that I'm getting sick again. I just finished three courses of antibiotics. Yesterday, my throat began swelling again, and I was running a fever. It broke sometime in the night, but I think I'm getting strep again. I'm considering having my tonsils out this summer.

Ok, I'm going to go- Josh has basketball today, and I can't wait to watch him play! Love to you all, and keep smiling!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Traci Dolan said…

    Are you sure you don't have mono??? Get that checked lady! As for everything else, AWESOME!! May your good fortune continue!!

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I ENJOY READING YOUR BLOG YOU SOUIND LIKE A WONDERFUL PERSON AND TEACHER I HAVE A FIRST GRADER AND HIS TEACHER IS OLD AND NEEDS TO RETIRE SO IT MADE ME GIGGLE WHEN I WAS READING ABOUT YOUR FELLOW TEACHERS.
    DENISE

     

Post a Comment

<< Home