Tsarina's World

The musings, rants, and general complaints of a schoolteacher in the MidWest. I have no real social life, which sucks for me personally, but makes my dog happy- he is the center of my universe! Come on in, take your shoes off and stay a while... who wants pie and coffee?

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Happy Holidays

Holiday greetings! I had the most wonderful Christmas in memory. Some strange and amazing things happened that have renewed my faith in miracles. Let me share something that happened on Christmas Eve:

I went to my parents before going to Cruella's for dinner. Normally, I have many gifts for my parents, including stockings. This year, I had one gift. I explained to them that while they didn't get the usual amount, four boys got coats and shoes. MY DAD CRIED. Not gut-wrenching sobs, but he had to wipe his eyes, and went to the other room for a few minutes. I have never seen my dad cry- not even when his own mother died. The weirdest thing? HE WASN'T DRUNK! Maybe there's a heart inside there, after all.

Dinner at Cruella's went well. Eddie and I had a great time- but then, we always do. He's the only other person who can understand exactly how my family makes me feel.

Christmas day, I stayed home and fixed a traditional dinner. A friend came over towards evening, and we got really drunk on Boone's Farm. We watched an interesting documentary, called "Rize". It's about a new form of hip-hop dancing which is becoming popular in L.A. We also watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... I was disappointed, to say the least.

I had taken all of the boys shopping so that they could get gifts for their family. James got his dad a nice watch, his mom (barf) a beautiful necklace, and the picture for his grandma. He was so pleased to be giving his family gifts- he's never done that before. In fact, they've never given or received gifts on Christmas before. James told me that their grandma used to go shopping after Christmas to buy them gifts on sale.

Josh, his dad, and an uncle came over last night and played Pictionary. We had a good time, but I think that Josh was a little unnerved that his dad was obviously hitting on me. He's not the brightest guy in the world, but there is some strange animal magnetism coming from him. Hmmmm.... ;-)

2 Comments:

  • At 7:51 AM, Blogger Traci Dolan said…

    *Hugs* Sounds like a wonderful holiday and you really know what the season means.

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Derek said…

    sounds like a pretty good holiday. I had the unfortune of falling into one of my lows at christmas.. that last a week. Yeesh it was rough.. but then it blew through the roof and I feel quite good..

    crazy to hear about your dad. Who'da thunk/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home