Tsarina's World

The musings, rants, and general complaints of a schoolteacher in the MidWest. I have no real social life, which sucks for me personally, but makes my dog happy- he is the center of my universe! Come on in, take your shoes off and stay a while... who wants pie and coffee?

Monday, July 26, 2004

Not Just A Fool, but THE Fool!!!

My classroom is almost completely decorated, except for the curtains that I'm going to make. I bought a bunch of school supplies today- stuff I want the kids to have, but most families can't afford. I was thinking it would be nice if WalMart would offer some kind of teacher discount like Office Depot does. If the school were paying, I could get the tax number, and get it tax-free, but that doesn't help with this kind of crap. I need to get paper and notebooks, but I'm hoping to find them cheaper- when you have to get 130 of them, the cost adds up quickly! I'm getting excited and ready for school to start! I found a bunch of stuff in my room from last year (the teacher was a slob!) It looks like about 90% of her students failed the class. That makes me wonder, do that many kids not care, or was she an uncaring teacher? Let me tell you, I've only failed two students, and it nearly killed me both times! I try to create as many possibilities for them to be successful as I can- if they do their daily journal entries with any effort, there is no way they could fail. I make sure that is equal to sixty percent of their weekly grade, so if they work on an entry each day, even if they fail the weekly projects, they will still be passing. Some people think that this is coddling them, but I really feel like if they are putting in an effort, it should be rewarded. It's a lot easier to bring your grade back up from a 60 than from a 0!

Ok, I stole this from Seeker, who stole it from Esther, who got it from Vadergrrrl. However, since I always pride myself on being the "smart" one of my friends, I thought it was especially funny to see WHAT I am!

The Fool Card
You are the Fool card. The Fool fearlessly begins
the journey into the unknown. To do this, he
does not regard the world he knows as firm and
fixed. He has a seemingly reckless disregard
for obstacles. In the Ryder-Waite deck, he is
seen stepping off a cliff with his gaze on the
sky, and a rainbow is there to catch him. In
order to explore and expand, one must disregard
convention and conformity. Those in the throes
of convention look at the unconventional,
non-conformist personality and think What a
fool. They lack the point of view to understand
The Fool's actions. But The Fool has roots in
tradition as one who is closest to the spirit
world. In many tribal cultures, those born with
strange and unusual character traits were held
in awe. Shamans were people who could see
visions and go on journeys that we now label
hallucinations and schizophrenia. Those with
physical differences had experience and
knowledge that the average person could not
understand. The Fool is God. The number of the
card is zero, which when drawn is a perfect
circle. This circle represents both emptiness
and infinity. The Fool is not shackled by
mountains and valleys or by his physical body.
He does not accept the appearance of cliff and
air as being distinct or real. Image from: Mary
DeLave http://www.marydelave.com/

Which Tarot Card Are You?
brought to you by

3 Comments:

  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Nord said…

    I got the Fool too, I like to think that this is a good thing! My mum is a teacher and she always asks for a discount or donation to the school when she is trying to get stuff for her students or to use teaching. They don't always give one but hey, it can't hurt to ask...

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Blogger Tsarina said…

    I've thought about checking in some of the smaller stores- the big chain stores just flat-out refuse to offer a special discount. The problem is, the smaller stores prices are higher to begin with! I'm actually glad I got the fool- it's the card of unlimited possibilities...

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Seeker said…

    Seeker is behind and is catching up on his favorite bloggers.

    1) I prefer the term 'Borrow'. Stealing is just so... hmmm... passe'

    2) I bet you can find hella buys on the net in bulk you ought to check there first darlin.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home