Tsarina's World

The musings, rants, and general complaints of a schoolteacher in the MidWest. I have no real social life, which sucks for me personally, but makes my dog happy- he is the center of my universe! Come on in, take your shoes off and stay a while... who wants pie and coffee?

Saturday, July 10, 2004

Laundry Day

I am not a person who is easily embarassed. In fact, I can count the number of times I've been really embarassed on one hand. I have just been forced to add another incident... I was outside talking to the neighbor and his 14 year-old son. Their dog comes over and plays with mine a lot, Kevin maintains my yard, and the dad is really nice and has fixed more stuff in the one year I've been here than Joe fixed in almost six years together! I've been having problems with the ac in my car, so Neighbor told me he'd take a look at it. I went inside to get my keys, followed by my dog. Now, our usual routine when going somewhere is that I pick up my keys, and he grabs one of his stuffed animals and we go to the car. He loves car rides, and becomes really hyper at the prospect. So, I pick up my keys to take out to Neighbor, and Baxter apparently assumes we're going for a drive. However, instead of picking up a stuffed animal, he sticks his head into the basket of clean (thank God) laundry, and runs out the door. I didn't really pay attention until I got outside to see Neighbor bent double laughing, and Kevin looking as embarassed as I've seen him. It seems that instead of picking up Mickey Mouse, or any one of his million other toys, Baxter has chosen to pick up a lovely red lace thong and bring it outside, where he and the neighbor dog can play tug-o-war with said panty. At first I was just pissed off: that is part of a set that cost me a pretty penny (some women buy shoes...). After the laughter began to penetrate my brain, I realized what was happening and the embarassment factor went way up. It took about five minutes to finally wrest the undies from the dogs; by now they were torn and slobbery. I couldn't look Neighbor or Kevin in the eye as I carried the ruined underwear inside. I spent about ten minutes composing myself before I went back out. Kevin was gone. His dad politely told me that the ac problem was no big deal and should be working ok now. I asked him if I owed him any money, to which he replied, "Save your money, you'll be needing some new bloomers", winked and walked away. Is it really possible to die of embarassment?

9 Comments:

  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger JamDaddy said…

    Dogs are our best friends because they teach us so much. I'm thinking...humility!

     
  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger Derek said…

    reminds me of the time i had a friend over and the dog decided to carry out a pair of my moms underwear..

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger Tsarina said…

    My mom would say that the lesson Baxter taught me is to put my clothes away as soon as they are out of the dryer!

     
  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger Tsarina said…

    I was sharing this story with a friend, who suggested that maybe Baxter is trying to tell me that it's time a man finally SEES my undies again... hmmm, maybe he's smarter than I thought!

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Seeker said…

    all I have to say while laughing myself into hysterics is... "Your Dog Rules!"

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Tsarina said…

    Well, if the dog is so damn smart, why did he choose to display my panties to a 50 year old married guy and a 14 year old boy?? Oh, yeah, I live in the middle of nowhere and that's all there is!

    As for going commando... NO, sorry, just not gonna happen.

    Seeker- try to control yourself long enough to fix your blog so I can comment on it!

     
  • At 11:07 PM, Blogger Tsarina said…

    Jay, like I said- I really don't get embarassed... most of my moments involve large amounts of tequila. I always feel like anything stupid I do has already been done by someone else, so wtf? But, please, share your pain and humiliation, it will please me so!

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Doe said…

    Thanks for the laugh. I got a great mental picture. now back to cleaning my apartment for the all important first time he comes over date....

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Rita said…

    (laughing) damn, that was funny. The wink was a nice touch. I've met a couple of really sexy 50 year old men - just sayin'.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home