Tsarina's World

The musings, rants, and general complaints of a schoolteacher in the MidWest. I have no real social life, which sucks for me personally, but makes my dog happy- he is the center of my universe! Come on in, take your shoes off and stay a while... who wants pie and coffee?

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Hello

James is back. He's come in at lunch the past two days to work on make-up work. He came in after basketball practice tonight, and had to work on math. God, I recognize that frustration- and sadly, I can't really help him; I am so severely math-phobic. I tried to explain that every subject has its own language, and if he didn't understand, it just meant that noone had explained the language to him. I may have him convinced to go see the math teacher for tutoring- I hope. He also shared some information about the abuse he suffered as a child, before they came to live with his grandma. I wanted to be sick. He does have a pretty big scar from his eye into his temple, and I've always wondered where it came from- I guess now I know. I realize most of you have never seen him, but he's such a cute kid- big dark eyes and a mischevious smile...how could anyone, especially his mom, hurt him like that?????? I believe there are certain crimes that are unforgivable- child abuse is one of them. I did find out that his dad is living in town now. He picked James up tonight. I know it's not the Cleaver family, but having his dad around is a step up from a lot of kids, and I'm grateful for that.

I gave all of the kids Mardi Gras beads yesterday (thanks for the idea, Robyn)- they loved them, and it was a really fun day! Many of them were still wearing the beads today.

Ok, I've been battling some stupid virus forever, and I'm exhausted and going to bed. Have a beautiful day all!


2 Comments:

  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger Derek said…

    yeah, child abuse is brutal..

    remind me to post or send you a poem i read out of my Challenge and Change in Society text book.. i think youll really enjoy it

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Traci Dolan said…

    Hope you feel better soon your Highness!! Glad James is back...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home