Tsarina's World

The musings, rants, and general complaints of a schoolteacher in the MidWest. I have no real social life, which sucks for me personally, but makes my dog happy- he is the center of my universe! Come on in, take your shoes off and stay a while... who wants pie and coffee?

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Ok, the universe is trying to tell me something... "UP YOURS"! At the interview yesterday, he told me that it really came down to two of us, and he'd call the person he wanted to offer the job to today. Well, I was here all day, and the fucking phone never rang! So, I guess I'm supposed to take some comfort in the fact that I'm second best. I wish they wouldn't get my fucking hopes up if they're not certain that I'm going to get the job. I just want to cry. Kevin, my neighbor's son, came over to help getting the house ready to paint, and asked if I'd heard from any of the schools I've interviewed with. I told him no, and sang a few bars of "Loser". He looked at me, all serious, and said, "You're not the loser. They're losers if they don't hire you". (This is the moment you say "AWWWW"). I told you, he's a great kid. Job hunting is, next to allowing myself to be set up on a blind date, the most degrading thing I will ever do. I just thank God I don't have kids: how could I tell them it's important to get a college education, when I was able to find work much more easily before I got one? Now, I can't even get a job at the gas station! I need chocolate.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:39 AM, Blogger ... said…

    Hey hey hey, you're not a loser! It depends on your location and stuff. Most of the times, the urban cities really need teacher but it aint da greatest place to teach at. I'm in Houston, and I kno that there's always a shortage on teachers!

    I wanted to say thank you for voting on my prom dress. Wow, I didn't expect people who I didn't know to vote, so I thought that was awsome.

    Since you voted, I put you on my Featured Links under "da hook upz" and "da escape" on my site.

    Have a nice weekend, and don't feel so bad!

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Tsarina said…

    Yeah, I know that Texas has a severe teacher shortage, and I have received emails asking me to come down and interview (it's probably a thousand miles away). However, and I mean no disrespect to anyone who loves the south, I could never live there. Summer is hot enough here, I would freaking die if I had to endure Texas in the summer. If I move anywhere, it would be to Wisconsin- beautiful state; even the cities seem clean! Anyway, thanks for your comments, and have a super prom!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home