Tsarina's World

The musings, rants, and general complaints of a schoolteacher in the MidWest. I have no real social life, which sucks for me personally, but makes my dog happy- he is the center of my universe! Come on in, take your shoes off and stay a while... who wants pie and coffee?

Thursday, June 10, 2004

They Like Me; They REALLY Like Me

Yesterday was my birthday. I am not happy about my birthday. I don't mention this because I am looking for sympathy; I just want to offer the basic knowledge that I have never, repeat NEVER had a fun or happy birthday in my life. I always hope that some day, someone will realize that it is a big deal to me, and do something special (not elaborate, mind you, a baloon that I wasn't expecting would suffice). So, I talked to my mom, who forgot to tell me happy birthday. Two of my friends called and said it, which was nice, but expected. However, while chatting online with one of my former students, he told me happy birthday. In capitol letters. I cried. This kid has a seriously fucked up home life, a lot of anger management issues, and very little empathy for others. Yet, he remembered my birthday and told me; it meant more than anything of monetary value ever could. That, my friends, is what I love about teaching.

I also got some good news yesterday; I have a job interview. I am not delusional enough to believe that I will get this job (way too many unemployed teachers with more experience than I have live in this area), but the fact that someone is giving me an interview is now cause for celebration! Also, today I received a call from another district wanting to set up an interview, so we are now playing phone tag.

One final thought: I hate mosquitoes. I've been working outside for the past couple of days, and I have so many bug bites that my toes look like Snausages! (I realize that if I would wear shoes like normal people, this would not be a problem, but I don't like shoes) Now, the truck that sprays harmful chemicals designed to kill mosquitoes and anything else in its path went by last night, but it doesn't seem to have done much but make them mad. I only mention this because it is only June- by the end of summer, my fingers may be too swollen to type!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home