Tsarina's World

The musings, rants, and general complaints of a schoolteacher in the MidWest. I have no real social life, which sucks for me personally, but makes my dog happy- he is the center of my universe! Come on in, take your shoes off and stay a while... who wants pie and coffee?

Thursday, June 10, 2004

So, I'm eating breakfast this morning when the phone rings. Looking at the caller ID, I put on my most chipper, "I didn't just drag my hung-over ass out of bed ten minutes ago" voice and answer it. It's the woman from human resources in the school district that I really, repeat REALLY want to work. She seems taken aback and slightly annoyed, so I tone the chipperness down a little. We chat, and she asks me to send an email requesting to be considered for a particular position! I take this as a good sign, and comply. About an hour later, I get a phone call from the principal of one of the middle schools in the district. I revive the perky voice, which doesn't seem to bother him. We chat,and believe it or not, I actually say some intelligent, relevant things. He seems to be pleased with our conversation, and asks me if I could come in TOMORROW for an interview! Ok, I know I have the reputation of worrying if I'm given too much time before something like this; however, this is just not enough time to worry. I have to prepare mentally, and I do that by imagining the worst possible scenario repeatedly. Yes, I realize how nuts that sounds, but then, when I walk in without tripping, I can relax.

I have worked all day on my portfolio, and have been trying to get a website up and running. This will give the impression that I have been spending all of this free time in constructive ways (instead of dating Jose Quervo). Well, the portfolio is done, and looks pretty good. However, I am really pissed, because after five hours of working on this website, I can't get it to link together. I am tired and grumpy, and extremely sweaty. I don't understand how it can get HOTTER after it rains, but it seems to. Anyway, I call a couple of people who are computer genius's (is that a word?), but they are not home. So, I have decided I will casually mention that I have torn my website apart in an effort to update it. That sounds efficient, right?

I just talked to my friend Cameron; she had her baby on my birthday! She is quite possibly the nicest person I have ever met, and she deserves the happiness she is feeling right now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home