Tsarina's World

The musings, rants, and general complaints of a schoolteacher in the MidWest. I have no real social life, which sucks for me personally, but makes my dog happy- he is the center of my universe! Come on in, take your shoes off and stay a while... who wants pie and coffee?

Sunday, June 13, 2004

Stress

Ok, I am incredibly stressed about the job interview last Friday. I left there feeling really good about my performance, but now I'm second and third guessing myself. I have a huge knot in my stomach the size of my head (including hair), and I just made the worst coffee ever. This did not stop me from drinking it; hey, coffee is coffee. The thing is, I really, really, REALLY want this job. This is a strictly urban district with over seventy percent of students living at or below the poverty level. But, the district is working hard to make improvements; they are trying new approaches, and they are making headway. I want to be a part of that. I know that if they don't offer me a job, I should still be proud that I was one of the few to score an interview, but it doesn't make the rejection any easier. Tom Petty was soooo right when he said "the waiting is the hardest part".

My friend, Diana, got a job about an hour north of here. She will be moving next month. I will miss her desperately; she is my only friend who doesn't have a baby or is pregnant. I am thrilled that she found a job (as previously mentioned, teaching jobs are scarce thanks to our current regime), but I don't want her to go. We went through the WORST student teaching experience together, and we are like soldiers who bond in the trenches. If it hadn't been for her, I don't know if I could have made it through that awful ordeal. We would go to Ned Kelley's every Friday afternoon for a skillet cookie. The thought of that cookie is all that got me through some weeks. She is the only person who can understand why I want this job so badly. She is the most together person I have every known; really comfortable in her own skin. She transmits a feeling of calm to everyone around her. She would be so embarrassed to know that I wrote that about her!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home