Tsarina's World

The musings, rants, and general complaints of a schoolteacher in the MidWest. I have no real social life, which sucks for me personally, but makes my dog happy- he is the center of my universe! Come on in, take your shoes off and stay a while... who wants pie and coffee?

Friday, August 13, 2004

:-)

Around here, we have a saying, "Illinois has two seasons, winter and road construction". That's not entirely true- we have two weeks of rain between winter and road construction that we call spring, and we have two weeks of rain and falling leaves between road construction and winter that we call fall. Road construction is the most miserable time of the year, and you could not pay me enough to work outside in it- temperatures hover around 95-105, with 99% humidity. I went to El Paso,Texas once as a kid, and everyone was worried that we'd die in the heat. Let me tell you, it felt like a cool summer day without all the stinking humidity, and we played outside all afternoon. Well, this year, something miraculous has happened- we are having fall!!! I don't know how long it will last; it's much too early to stay cool, but I'm enjoying it as long as possible. Last night was in the 50's, and today it's in the low 70's!!! The sun is shining, and it's beautiful outside, this is the most beautiful stretch of weather I remember in ages! I have to go to town pretty soon, and I'm going to take my camera so I can share the beauty of this day with you. The only thing that could ruin the scenery today is one of these .

4 Comments:

  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Nord said…

    OMG, I almost wet myself when I clicked on that link.... so funny. Have a great day outside, sounds wonderful, enjoy it while it lasts...

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Seeker said…

    Damn now I am going to have to hunt you down!!!!

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Rev. Kimberly Rich said…

    Now that's DAMN funny!!!!

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger Tsarina said…

    Nord & Robyn, thank you, I tell it like it is! Actually, about a week ago I was thinking about blogging about how stupid those PT Cruisers are, especially with flames on them, but I guess Seeker's pictures are worth a thousand words!

    Seeker, if you come in that car, I'd be able to see you coming a mile away!! Take it easy, big fella, you still rule!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home